Best Belly Band Holsters for Concealed Carry – Our Top 7 Picks
Say hello to the world of belly band holsters – the increasingly popular, low-key concealed carry holster option that’s super friendly to all body shapes and sizes.
These holsters come in heaps of different styles and materials, which is probably why more and more active folks, especially joggers, runners, etc., can’t seem to get enough of them.
What started as a simple belly band holster has turned into something much more. Now, we’ve got options like the crossbreed holsters, the IWB (those are the ones you tuck inside your waistband), and the appendix carry styles.
Made for lefties and righties alike, these holsters usually have some extra room for a spare mag and even have something to protect the trigger. Pretty cool, right? So whether you’re hitting the pavement or hitting the gym, belly band holsters have got your back (or front).
Ok, let’s dive into the world of this popular concealed carry option! (See my “If I could only have 1” choice at the bottom of the page!)
Top Belly Band Holster Picks for Concealed Carry Comfort
ComfortTac Belly Band Holster
The ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Holster is a popular choice among concealed carry enthusiasts. It’s made with high-quality neoprene material, making it comfortable and breathable to wear all day long. The adjustable design allows you to find the perfect fit for your body type, and its versatility enables you to carry different gun models with ease.
- Designed for both men and women
- Can be worn inside or outside the waistband
- Ambidextrous design allows for left or right-handed draw
FullMosa Belly Band Holster
Another top pick in the belly band holster market is the FullMosa Belly Band Holster. This option boasts a sleek design that makes it easy to conceal your weapon without sacrificing comfort. Its elastic construction ensures a snug fit while still allowing quick access when needed.
- Available in multiple sizes
- Features an extra pocket for spare magazines or EDC gear
- Adjustable retention strap provides added security
TacX Pro Gear Belly Band Holster
The TacX Pro Gear Belly Band Holster offers an innovative approach to concealed carry by incorporating a Kydex holster into their design. This combination of materials provides excellent trigger guard protection while maintaining comfort and flexibility.
- Adjustable cant angle for personalized draw preference
- Comes with a removable thumb break strap for added retention
- Breathable mesh backing helps keep you cool during extended wear
Alien Gear LowPro Belly Band Holster
Alien Gear is known for producing quality holsters, and their LowPro Belly Band Holster is no exception. This slim-profile option features a unique hook-and-loop system that allows you to attach any compatible Alien Gear IWB holster securely.
- Compatible with Alien Gear’s Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB holsters
- Provides deep concealment for a discreet carry option
- Made with comfortable neoprene material
Alpha Holsters Belly Band
For those who prefer a minimalistic approach, the Alpha Holsters Belly Band is an excellent choice. It’s also the least expensive option on our list. This lightweight and low-profile design allows for ultimate concealment without adding bulk.
- Made with durable elastic material
- Features built-in pockets for spare magazines or other EDC gear
- Ambidextrous design accommodates both left and right-handed users
CrossBreed Modular Belly Band Holster
CrossBreed’s Modular Belly Band Holster offers a unique modular system that allows you to customize your carry setup. By using their patented Velcro-backed Kydex holster shells, you can easily switch between different gun models while maintaining the same comfortable belly band base.
- Compatible with multiple CrossBreed Kydex shells
- Adjustable retention for personalized security
- Wide elastic band provides added comfort and stability
Tactica Defense Belly Band Holster
The Tactica Defense Belly Band Holster is designed specifically for women, offering a stylish yet practical concealed carry solution. Its slim profile and adjustable design make it easy to wear under various clothing styles without drawing attention to your firearm.
- Designed specifically for women
- Stylish and practical concealed carry solution
- Slim profile for discreet wear
- Adjustable design for comfort
- Compatible with various clothing styles
- Keeps firearm easily accessible
Buyer’s Guide: Selecting the Best Belly Band Holster
Material Quality and Durability
A good belly band holster should be made of high-quality materials to ensure durability and comfort. Some common materials used in belly band holsters include:
When selecting a modular belly band holster, look for one with reinforced stitching and strong construction to withstand daily use.
Adjustability for a Secure Fit
An important factor in choosing the best belly band holster is its adjustability. A well-fitting IWB (inside-the-waistband) holster should allow you to customize the fit according to your body type and clothing preferences. Look for features such as:
- Adjustable straps or Velcro closures
- Different size options
- Stretchable materials that conform to your body shape
A secure fit ensures that your firearm remains in place while you move, providing optimal concealment and accessibility.
Accessible Firearm Positioning
The positioning of your firearm within the belly band holster plays a crucial role in accessibility during self-defense situations. Consider these factors when selecting a holster:
- Can it accommodate both right-handed and left-handed users?
- Does it offer multiple carry positions, such as appendix or cross-draw?
- Is the retention system reliable and easy to use?
A well-designed IWB holster will allow you to access your firearm quickly and efficiently.
Additional Pockets for Accessories
Having additional pockets on your belly band holster can be beneficial for carrying essential items like:
- Magazine pouches for additional magazines
- Wallet or ID holder
- Pocket for a phone or other small items
Some holsters even come with an integrated Kydex shell, which provides extra protection and retention for your firearm.
Belly Band Comfort and Safety Considerations
Proper Sizing for Comfort and Stability
Choosing the right size for your belly band holster is crucial to ensure a secure fit. A properly fitted holster will not only provide comfort but also stability while carrying your firearm. To find the best size, measure around your waist or hips where you plan to wear the holster. Most manufacturers offer sizing charts to help you find the perfect fit. Remember that:
- A too-tight belly band can cause discomfort and restrict movement
- A too-loose belly band may not hold your firearm securely, increasing the risk of accidents
Retention Strap or Snap for Added Security
A retention strap or snap is an essential feature in any belly band holster design. This added security measure prevents your firearm from accidentally falling out of the holster during physical activities or while bending over. Some options include:
- Velcro straps: easy to adjust and provide a snug fit
- Thumb break snaps: offer quick access to your firearm while maintaining security
- Magnetic closures: provide a silent and secure option for stealth situations
Choose a retention system that fits your needs and preferences.
Adequate Padding to Prevent Rubbing or Chafing
Comfort is vital when wearing a belly band holster for extended periods, especially during physical activities like jogging or hiking. Look for holsters with adequate padding that prevent rubbing or chafing against your skin, such as:
- Neoprene padding: soft, comfortable, and provides cushioning between the gun and body
- Foam padding: a lightweight option that offers protection without adding bulk
- Gel padding: conforms to body shape for maximum comfort while maintaining its shape over time
Ensure that the padding covers all contact points between the gun’s frame and your body.
Breathable Materials to Reduce Sweating
Sweating can be an issue when wearing a belly band holster close to your body, particularly in hot weather or during intense physical activities. Opt for breathable materials that wick moisture away from your skin and allow air circulation, such as:
- Mesh fabric: lightweight and allows airflow to keep you cool and dry
- Moisture-wicking neoprene: absorbs sweat while providing cushioning for added comfort
- Ventilated elastic: combines support with breathability for a comfortable fit
Keep in mind that some materials may sacrifice durability for breathability, so consider your specific needs when choosing a belly band holster.
Pros, Cons, and Other Considerations When Choosing Belly Band Holsters
Multiple Carrying Positions
One of the main pros of belly band holsters is their versatility in allowing multiple carrying positions. With a belly band holster, you can easily adjust the position of your firearm to suit your personal preferences and needs. Some common carrying positions include:
- Appendix carry
- Small of back carry
- Hip carry
This flexibility makes it easy for you to find the most comfortable and accessible position for your weapon.
Accommodates Various Clothing Styles
Another advantage of using a belly band holster is its compatibility with different clothing styles. Unlike some other types of holsters, which might require specific wardrobe choices or modifications, belly bands can be worn with virtually any outfit. This includes:
- Casual wear (jeans, shorts, t-shirts)
- Business attire (suits, dress pants)
- Athletic gear (jogging pants, yoga pants)
The adaptability of belly band holsters means you don’t have to compromise on style or comfort when carrying concealed.
Ideal for Physical Activities
Belly band holsters are also well-suited for those who engage in physical activities while carrying a firearm. The snug fit provided by the elastic material helps keep your weapon secure during various forms of exercise such as:
With a belly band holster, you can maintain an active lifestyle without worrying about your firearm shifting or becoming dislodged.
Despite their many benefits, there are some cons associated with using belly band holsters.
One potential drawback is the need for periodic readjustments throughout the day. As you move around and go about your daily activities, it’s possible that the elastic material may stretch or shift slightly.
In these cases, you might need to make minor adjustments to ensure that your weapon remains securely in place and easily accessible. This can be a minor inconvenience for some users.
Limited Access Speed
Another potential downside to belly band holsters is the limited access speed compared to other holsters. Due to their design, drawing your weapon from a belly band holster may take slightly longer than with other options such as OWB (outside the waistband) or IWB (inside the waistband) holsters.
However, this trade-off in speed is often balanced by the increased comfort and versatility offered by belly band holsters. Ultimately, it’s up to individual users to weigh these pros and cons when deciding which type of holster best suits their needs and preferences.
Belly bands have evolved to cater to women’s unique preferences, offering a variety of stylish and functional options. Some popular features include:
- Lace detailing for a feminine touch
- Soft, comfortable fabrics in attractive colors
- Slim profiles that don’t add bulk under clothing
These women-specific designs allow for easy concealment while maintaining a fashionable appearance.
Discreet options that blend with clothing
Discretion is key. Many manufacturers offer options that blend seamlessly with your wardrobe, such as:
- Neutral colors like black, beige, or gray
- Low-profile designs without visible straps or buckles
- Smooth edges that won’t create lines under clothing
With these discreet features, you can confidently carry concealed without drawing unwanted attention.
Fashion-forward patterns and prints
Who says belly bands can’t be fashionable? Many brands now offer eye-catching patterns and prints on their products. Some examples include:
- Camouflage prints for outdoor enthusiasts
- Bold geometric patterns for a modern look
- Floral designs for those who prefer something more feminine
By choosing a belly band with an appealing pattern or print, you’ll feel confident and stylish while carrying concealed.
Customizable features like interchangeable panels
One size doesn’t always fit all. That’s why many manufacturers offer customizable features such as:
- Interchangeable panels for different gun sizes or styles (e.g., Crossbreed Modular Belly Band)
- Adjustable retention straps for secure firearm placement
- Elastic pockets and pouches for extra storage (e.g., Alien Gear Sport Tuck Belly Band)
These customizable options ensure the perfect fit and functionality tailored to your specific needs.
Choosing the Best Belly Band Holster
When selecting a belly band holster, consider these factors:
- Comfort: Look for soft fabrics like surgical-grade elastic that won’t irritate your skin or cause discomfort during extended wear.
- Fit: Ensure the band is adjustable to accommodate your waist size and preferred carry position (e.g., appendix or hip carry).
- Retention: A good belly band should have a retention strap or similar feature to keep your firearm secure while on the move.
- Storage: Extra pockets can be useful for carrying additional items like spare magazines, keys, or even your phone.
By considering these factors and exploring various options available on the market, you’ll find the best belly band holster that meets your unique needs.
If I Could Only Pick 1 Belly Band Holster
Our choice would be… Drum Roll Please!
The CrossBreed Modular Belly Band Holster
At the end of the day, the unique modular system that allows you to customize your carry setup sets this holster apart from the rest of the options in this category. Safety is a primary concern when choosing a belly band holster, and having interchangeable Kydex shells for each of your carry guns that offer premium trigger guard safety is a game changer.
Not to mention the comfort of the soft yet stable neoprene construction and ample storage for extra mags, cell phones, etc. When you add it all up, the CrossBreed Modular Belly Band Holster is really hard to beat.
You might spend a couple of extra bucks on this holster, but in my humble opinion, it’s well worth it and you’ll be glad you did.
Making The Best Choice for You
In conclusion, finding the best belly band holster for you depends on your personal preferences, comfort, and safety requirements. Don’t forget to consider style and functionality when making your decision. Keep in mind that some options are better suited for running or exercising than others.
To make an informed choice, review the top picks for concealed carry comfort, pros and cons of belly band holsters, stylish and functional options, and the best holsters for running or exercising.
Armed with this information, you’ll be able to confidently select a belly band holster that meets your needs.
Don’t hesitate to explore various brands and models until you find the perfect fit. Remember that comfort is key. Happy shopping!
1. What materials should I look for in a belly band holster?
Look for durable materials like neoprene or elastic fabric that provide both support and flexibility while ensuring breathability.
2. Can I wear a belly band holster while running or exercising?
Yes! There are specific belly band holsters designed for physical activities like running or exercising that provide extra support and stability.
3. How can I ensure my firearm stays secure in my belly band holster?
Choose a holster with adjustable retention straps or built-in retention systems to keep your firearm securely in place during daily activities.
4. Are there any stylish options available in belly band holsters?
Definitely! Belly band holsters come in various colors, patterns, and designs to suit your personal style while maintaining function and security.
5. Can I use a belly band holster with different types of firearms?
Most belly band holsters are versatile enough to accommodate various firearm models; however, always double-check compatibility before making a purchase.
6. Is it safe to use a belly band holster without additional trigger protection?
It’s always recommended to choose a belly band holster with adequate trigger protection to prevent accidental discharge. Look for holsters with built-in trigger guards or additional straps covering the trigger area.
7. How do I properly clean and maintain my belly band holster?
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance, which typically involve hand washing with mild soap and air drying. Regularly inspect your holster for wear and tear, replacing it when necessary to ensure safety and functionality.
Looking for more carry options? Check out our Top Ankle Holster Picks!